Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Flash....

Today I updated the flash widget on the Overkill LAN Site. It's a simple animation thats effective.

I've never been a big fan of adobe flash. Today it seems to be used for something it was never meant to do. Originally it was used to create cool animations. With it's timeline based work flow, its super easy to create animations for the web. People soon learned how to use its scripting language "Action Script" to create games and complete websites. Creating these types of things in flash feel a bit awkward like I'm hacking the program to do something it wasn't meant to do.

I think adobe needs to create a new program for managing all of the scripting and dynamic aspects of the movie and keep the current tools for creating the content and animations. An interface that was more page based (like creating a menu in encore)rather than timeline frame based would make a lot more sense.

I finally registered my copy of Adobe Acrabat and got a free 30 trial of tutorials at lynda.com. I'm spending the day learning action script 3.0. We'll see if this changes my opinion of flash...

No comments:

Post a Comment