Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Funny Coincodence

This story dates back to when I was looking to get a domain name for my personal site. The first one I tried was my intials- www.mcd.com but it was already taken. It owned by McDonald's. The next one on my list was the longer www.matthewdoll.com but it too was taken. There actually is another person named Matthew Doll in the U.S. He's a 3D Artist working in Hollywood.
He worked on the movie "Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End". It's kinda of funny seeing my name in the credits:

So in the end I settled with www.mcdportal.com. It was the working title of my cms software at the time and seemed to be a good fit for whatever I might need to put on the web in the future.

I still check every December to see if McDonald's forget to renew mcd.com but I haven't had any luck so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment