Sunday, July 5, 2009

Japan Day 33 -Architecture Overload

Today we went go see all the buildings on Omotesando Dori. The street is known for its high end fashion stores like Prada. There seems to be a competition going on to see who has most unique building. But first we made a short detour to see the Olympic Arena built for the 1964 Olympics.

Japan Day 33

It has a very cool suspended roof. there was concert getting ready to start so we couldn't go inside but we were able to get in and the smaller secondary arena.

Then we head down to Omotesando Dori. I can't rember who designed what but I'll look them up later. Here are the most Famous

Japan Day 33

A Shopping mall by Ando

Japan Day 33

Japan Day 33

Prada's Store

Japan Day 33

Tods

Japan Day 33

Japan Day 33

Japan Day 33

Japan Day 33

Japan Day 33

Afterwards, I headed back to the hotel for a rest and dinner and then I went out to see the Akihabara Electiric City. It is whole district devoted to electronic stores. I was only able to go in a few before things started closing down. Many of the shops closed at 8pm and few stayed open until 10. I saw thing out on shelves I had only seen pictures of. It was like walking through Newegg's website. One shop had a whole floor dedicated to new computer cases. Most of the prices seemed to be on par with what I've seen states side. I sneaked in picture of Canons display and I checked the prices compared to bh's website and they were a bit more expensive here. One store had a used computer parts section and had some very tempting stuff. I'm definitely coming back here again our free day Tuesday.

Japan Day 33

Photos Day 33

No comments:

Post a Comment