Wow what a weekend. We ended up finishing right at the deadline at noon on Monday.
I was in a group with Stacy and 3 KIT Students: Eriko, Kyohei, and Yu. The language barrier wasn't too hard to over come. They spoke pretty good English but sometimes we had to reword what we wanted to say or try to explain what a word meant. It sounded like the last time they had studied English was back in high school so after hearing that I was really impressed. I don't think I could even start to hold a conversation based on the Spanish I learned back in high school. They hardest thing I think was just trying to get them to make a final decisions about things, for example, like what site to pick. We had it narrowed down to two possibilities and they kept flipping back and forth. I'm not sure if it was they couldn't decide or that they were taking a while to translate their opinions into English. For the most part, after we had agreed on the concept we left most of design decisions to them to work out because it seemed to be able decide on things a lot faster and I liked most of what they came up with.
By the end of Saturday we had finalized what the shapes of the different homes were going to be.
For the last 2 days we divided up tasks the Kriko, Kyohei, and Yu worked on the model, Stacy worked on the sections and I worked on the floor plans and elevations. I had gotten a quick sketch of the floor plans but it was a bit vague on sizes and what the facades were going to look like.
The meals Sunday are worth writing about.